EMF appeals and statements
United NAtions Sub-Agencies with EMF Oversight Responsibilities
International Agency on Research on Cancer (IARC) EMF monographs:
- IARC MONOGRAPHS ON THE EVALUATION OF CARCINOGENIC RISKS TO HUMAN
International EMF Standard Setting Organizations
- The National Electrical Safety Code (NESC)
- High Power Electrical Vehicle Charging Infrastructure
- IEEE/IEC P62704-1
IEEE/IEC Draft Standard for Determining the Peak Spatial Average Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) in the Human Body from Wireless Communications Devices, 30 MHz to 6 GHz. Part 1: General Requirements for using the Finite Difference Time Domain (FDTD) Method for SAR Calculations.
- IEEE/IEC 63195-1-2022
IEEE/IEC International Standard Assessment of power density of human exposure to radio frequency fields from wireless devices in close proximity to the head and body (frequency range of 6 GHz to 300 GHz)–Part 1: Measurement procedure.
- C95.1-2019 – IEEE Standard for Safety Levels with Respect to Human Exposure to Electric, Magnetic, and Electromagnetic Fields, 0 Hz to 300 GHz.
REGIONAL, NATIONAL AND U.S. STATE AGENCIES EMF SAFETY RELATED LEGISLATIVE OR REGULATORY ACTIVITIES
• European Parliament’s Panel for the Future and Technology (STOA)
• Ethical and societal challenges of the approaching technological storm. July 25, 2022.
• Health impact of 5G, July 2021
• Report: Environmental impacts of 5G. June 30, 2021.
• Presentation of the studies: ‘Health impact of 5G’ and ‘Environmental impacts of 5G’ (online event) May 31, 2021.
- Collegium Ramazzini. RFEMF: The environmental health challenge of the 21st century – November 26, 2022.
Abstracts of presentations.
- Report of final results regarding brain and heart tumors in Sprague-Dawley rats exposed from prenatal life until natural death to mobile phone radiofrequency field representative of a 1.8 GHz GSM base station environmental emission” published by Environ Res. 2018 Aug; 165:496-503. doi: 10.1016/j.envres.2018.01.037. Epub 2018 Mar 7.
- Commentary by Joel Moskowitz, dated March, 22, 2018: “Ramazzini Institute Cell Phone Radiation Study Replicates NTP Study”
• U.S. National Institute on Standards and Technology
• U.S. National Council on Disability Health Equity Plan that recognizes the need for access and accommodation to medical facilities for all categories of disability, including electromagnetic and chemical sensitivity. February 2022.
State of New Hampshire (USA)
UPDATE on 10/6/22: HB 1644, relative to the placement of telecommunication antennae, was introduced in the New Hampshire State Legislature in January 2022 by the Science, Technology and Energy Committee. Today this committee voted affirmatively introduce HB 1644 to the full legislature in January 2023. The bill would educate the public on the pros and cons of radiofrequency radiation and offer guidance to local communities on cell tower placement issues. View video of the 9-minute hearing where the committee decision was made.
U.S. National Institutes of Health, National Institute on Environmental Health Science's National Toxicology Program (NIH/NIEHS/NTP)
• National Toxicology Program’s ER 2018 NTP Technical Report on the Toxicology and Carcinogenesis Studies in B6C3F1/N Mice Exposed to Whole-body Radio Frequency Radiation at a Frequency (1,900 MHz) and Modulations (GSM and CDMA) Used by Cell Phones. Technical Report 596 November 2018
• NTP Technical Report on the Toxicology and Carcinogenesis Studies in Dawley (Hsd:Sprague Dawley® SD®) Rats Exposed to Whole-body Radio Frequency Radiation at a Frequency (900 Mhz) and Modulations (GSM and CDMA) Used by Cell Phones Technical Report 595 November 2018.
• Toxicology and carcinogenesis studies in Sprague Dawley (Hsd:Sprague Dawley SD) rats exposed to whole-body radio frequency radiation at a frequency (900 MHz) and modulations (GSM and CDMA) used by cell phones.
Natl Toxicol Program Tech Rep Ser. 2018 Nov;(595): NTP-TR-595. doi: 10.22427/NTP-TR-595.
• Commentary on the utility of the National Toxicology Program study on cell phone radiofrequency radiation data for assessing human health risks despite unfounded criticisms aimed at minimizing the findings of adverse health effects. Ronald L.Melnick, former senior scientist, National Toxicology Program
Environ Res 2019 Jan;168:1-6. doi: 10.1016/j.envres.2018.09.010. Epub 2018 Sep 20.
Scientific & Media Resources
- Microwave News
- Electromagnetic Radiation Safety
- The Bioinitiative Report
- Zory’s Archives
- EMF Portal
- Oceana Radiofrequency Scientific Advisory Association (ORSAA)
- Physicians Health Initiative for Radiation and Environment
- Environmental Health Trust
- Physicians for Safe Technology
- The Electrosensitive Society
LIST OF ABBREVIATIONS AND GLOSSARY OF TERMS
Static and Extremely Low Frequency Electric and Magnetic Fields
Radiofrequency Electric and Magnetic Fields