KEY SCIENTIFIC ISSUES
Global Public Health Issue:
- RFR has been proven to damage biological systems at intensities below the ICNIRP and FCC guidelines.
- Public exposure to RFR is already harmful and will rise with the deployment of 5G.
- Exposure is unavoidable, contravening International Human Rights Acts and ethical codes of practice, such as the U.N. Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights to “Protect, Respect and Remedy”.
- Almost all international governmental health advisory groups are biased on conflicts of interests.
Impact on Nature:
Damage goes well beyond the human race as there is growing evidence of harmful effects to both plant and animal life that depend on Earth’s magnetic field for navigation, breeding, food, migration and indeed survival. Recently reported research shows current levels of artificial radiation are already interfering with these biological processes.
Collectively we urgently call for:
- Children, pregnant women and people who have electromagnetic hypersensitivity be protected;
- guidelines and regulatory standards be strengthened to protect humankind and nature.
- manufacturers be mandated to develop safer technology;
- utilities responsible for the generation, transmission, distribution, and monitoring of electricity maintain adequate power quality and ensure proper electrical wiring to minimize harmful ground current;
- the public be fully informed about the potential health risks from electromagnetic energy and taught harm reduction strategies;
- medical professionals be educated about the biological effects of electromagnetic energy and be provided training on management of patients with electromagnetic sensitivity;
- governments fund training and research on electromagnetic fields and health that is independent of industry and mandate industry cooperation with researchers;
- media disclose experts’ financial relationships with industry when citing their opinions regarding health and safety aspects of EMF-emitting technologies;
- safe zones (anthropogenic radiation-free areas) be established; and
- an immediate moratorium be placed on further 5G deployment and other RF emitting technologies pending the outcome of an independent investigation.